Brahmanism is an early type of Indian religion that was prominent during the Vedic Period (c.1200-500 BCE). It’s usually regarded by Hindus as the origin of their faith. The sacred scripture of the Vedas, upon which its based, exalted the Brahmin caste. And members of the Brahmin caste were the power brokers of ancient Indian society, controlling both priestly and secular life.
The Brahmins’ alleged authority was based on learning. They alone were permitted to recite sacred scripture and perform sacrificial rituals.
The term Brahmanism is still applied today, denoting orthodox Hinduism under the priesthood in contrast to popular and mystical Hinduism. Some mystics tend to devalue the supposed authority of Brahmin priests, while others see them as necessary, if limited in their knowledge of matters spiritual.
- Surnames Of All Brahmins Bengal Odisha Haryana Assam UP MP (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Caste Is By Tendencies Disposition Part I (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Caste Untouchability Myths (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Hinduism and Christianity – Compare and Contrast Discussion Guide (andywrasman.com)
- A Mystical Teaching of Shri Shankara Bhagavatpadah: Vedo Nityam Adheeyatam … (rudrakshayoga.wordpress.com)
- The Vedas (hinduismforchildren.com)
- Prime minister of india (slideshare.net)
- Brahman (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- Ancient Sanskrit Knowledge and Cosmic Hierarchy: The Theory of Evolution is Just that….Another Ideological Theory! (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Mayawati warns Brahmins against ‘sectarian’ Modi (dailymail.co.uk)