Brahmacharya is the first Hindu asrama (stage of life as outlined in the Veda) in which a young person receives practical instruction from family and begins to study the Veda with an experienced master or priest.
The word bramacharya once indicated the observance of correct sexuality, in this case the necessity of self-imposed celibacy.
- Yama #4 Brahmacharya (santoshayogadenver.wordpress.com)
- Popular Images of the Third Eye Chakra Symbol (healing.answers.com)
- What Is Yoga? (yoga.answers.com)
- Swami Vivekananda: A Journey from Narendranath to Swami Vivekananda (upadhyayparth.wordpress.com)
- Yamas – The Restraints (yogagirlsherri.wordpress.com)
- Hinduism (hinduaikyavedi.wordpress.com)