Mary Daly (1928-2010) was a prominent American academic at the Jesuit-run Boston College, and a self-described “radical lesbian feminist” thinker. She deconstructed patriarchal religious traditions and presented alternatives in related areas such as ecology, gender relations and human rights.
Notorious for her outrageously sexist attitudes, she believed women should govern men and refused to teach men in her advanced women’s studies courses. While some may say her actions were a justified response to years of men subjugating women, it seems that the old, tribal “eye for an eye” attitude is one which should be left to rest, having been replaced by Jesus Christ’s superior teaching of forgiveness.
Related Posts » Father
- Trans Tactics & Mary Daly (pretendbian.wordpress.com)
- God, The Father (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- Creativity. (parwatisingari.wordpress.com)
- Mary, the virginal mother of God, and feminist theology (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Mark Thoma Sends Us to Mary Daly et al. on “The Recent Evolution of the Natural Rate of Unemployment” (delong.typepad.com)
- MoveOn.org And The Face Of Feminism (lezgetreal.com)
- Americans Collecting Disability Spikes, While Labor Force Participation Sinks – That Reeks Of Fraud (businessinsider.com)