Rosemary Ellen Guiley (19?? – ) is an American researcher, author and broadcaster on paranormal phenomena. Dr. Guiley promotes awareness of the paranormal. At her website she writes that her “driving purpose is to help further our understanding of our place and role in the cosmic scheme” (visionaryliving.com). She also addresses issues like communicating with the dead and dealing with malevolent spirits.
This is all very interesting stuff. Unfortunately, it’s still difficult for most people to understand because of the inherent difficulties in the public verification of paranormal reports. In addition, some materialist or (ironically enough) religious reactionaries tend to cast aspersions on anyone interested in trying to understand the paranormal—even though the very same people will often delight at movies like The Exorcist.¹
¹ The Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung, of course, would say that the horror movie watcher is momentarily fascinated by the archetype of the shadow. For Jung this is not unhealthy. But in some destructive instances, if left unconscious the shadow archetype apparently can erupt and compel non-integrated individuals to behave in a manner harmful to self or others.
- Paranormal? Earling Possession – Anna Ecklund – Last Sanctioned Exorcism – Begone Satan (etxhaunted.com)
- Demonspotting: Vassago (teresawilde.wordpress.com)
- deZengo liked Eli’s blog post ‘What Is Affirmative Prayer?’ (community.humanityhealing.net)
- Strange Dimensions January 2012 (visionaryliving.com)
- Stuart Gordon (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- The Paranormal Genre (kyomirichardsa2.wordpress.com)
- Paranormal Activity (ambalabamba.wordpress.com)