Goth is a term for a subculture that appeared in the late 1970’s as a form of punk. Today the Goth movement is hard to define because it takes many forms.
The Goth’s approach to life is generally based on a mythical reconstruction of the Gothic era (e.g. black clothing and the game Dungeons and Dragons) as a response to contemporary issues. Some Goths are optimistic and explore the arts, others tend to focus on anger, brooding and darkness.
And yet others have a softer, more indirect ideological influence. They take up the Goth look for mainstream style and fashion reasons, and in so doing, arguably shape rather than challenge the status quo.
Related Posts » Vampires
- Paint It Black – Fab’s 30-Day Fashion Challenge! Moto Goth (fabsugar.com)
- tuerce: I’m having second thoughts about posting this… but I’ll… (izabael.com)
- Who Wore It Better? Goth Givenchy (fabsugar.com)
- Goths Up Trees (wiretotheear.com)
- Growing Old Goth (neatorama.com)
- Goth Challenge Day 3- When did you come out of the goth closet? (thepurplebroom.wordpress.com)
- John Wind Goth Glamour Necklace: Love It or Hate It? (fabsugar.com)
- Fab Community Must Reads: Anne Hathaway Goes Goth For Interview (fabsugar.com)
- Goth Challenge Day 8- What’s your best and worst experience with non-goths? (thepurplebroom.wordpress.com)