Mick Jagger (Sir Michael Phillip “Mick” Jagger 1943- ) is a British Granddad and former bad boy of Rock and Roll.
Together with Keith Richards, Jagger penned a string of hits for highly successful band, The Rolling Stones.
In the early 1960’s The Stones were seen as the tougher, grittier flip side to the Beatles’ cute and clean image and sound. Singles such as “Satisfaction,” “Ruby Tuedsay,” “19th Nervous Breakdown,” “The Last Time,” “Sympathy for the Devil,” “Brown Sugar” and “Honky Tonk Woman” have earned The Stones a prominent place in pop music history.
Interestingly, Jagger once claimed to be androgynous. Since then he was knighted for Services to Music in 2003 by the Prince of Wales.
- Rolling Stones Pinball Machine Gets Mick Jagger’s Approval (spinner.com)
- Mick Jagger Working on Solo Album? (beatcrave.com)
- Mick Jagger: Alive or Dead? (socyberty.com)
- Mick Jagger Will Play Grammys Without Rolling Stones (foxnews.com)
- Mick Jagger: Dead or Alive? (socyberty.com)
- Chris Jagger: He Knows He’s Not Mick, But He Likes It Anyhow (newsfeed.time.com)
- Mick Jagger to perform at Grammys (guardian.co.uk)
- No Sympathy For A Dead And Alive Mick Jagger (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- Mick Jagger Working with Dave Stewart (silentuproar.com)
- Knight (earthpages.wordpress.com)