Once awakened through meditative exercises such as pranamaya (i.e. controlled breathing), the kundalini serpent apparently rises through seven chakras.
Both the kundali and the chakras are often described as actual realities instead of symbolic interpretations of psychosomatic and numinous experiences.
Indeed, the kundalini and chakras are variously constructed and interpreted among different schools of thought, a fact sometimes overlooked by zealous New Age fundamentalists who adhere to and advocate just one interpretation.
Also rarely taken seriously among New Age fundamentalists is the valid question as to whether or not awakening the highest chakra in a given system really represents the highest, purest and holiest possible spiritual experience one may encounter. Along these lines, the Lutheran scholar Rudolf Otto, the Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung, and several others talk about various forms of the numinous, ranging from the healthy, heavenly and holy to the demonic, dreadful and destructive.
Related Posts » Tantra
- Where the Gods dwell : Tantra Kundalini Yoga (ancientindians.wordpress.com)
- The Chakra System (r3iki.wordpress.com)
- Chakras, who are they? (zentocoach.wordpress.com)
- Biblical Emerald Tablet (izabael.com)
- Organic Futuristic Fixtures – The Kundalini Clover Pendant Lamp is Simple and Sculptural (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Mastering’Kama Sutra’ (foxnews.com)
- Speak Up: Has Doing Yoga Made You More Emotional? (fitsugar.com)
- Lighting up the FIRE OF VITAL FORCE via KUNDALINI WORSHIP (jamesblair317.wordpress.com)
- Awakening Universal Energy – Prana (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- Moving beyond Inner Energy of Sex (zentocoach.wordpress.com)