Desire is portrayed as the force that leads the undifferentiated Absolute to begin the process of cosmic creation.
Although Buddhism reacts against some of the more ritualistic and caste-based aspects of Hinduism, it essentially agrees that kama is to be avoided. In the Pali Canon story, the Buddha is said to renounce kama (i.e. sensual desire) on his path to enlightenment.
- Perform the Kama Sutra with Your Laptop [Kamasutra] (gizmodo.com)
- Kama Sutra Virus – a position you don’t want to get into… (commtouch.com)
- The Christmas Kama Sutra: Get It On In The Holiday Spirit (crushable.com)
- 7 Valentine Kama Sutra Favorites (datingwebsites.org)
- The Lover’s Dictionary: A Novel, By David Levithan Kama Sutra, By Vatsyayana, trans. AND Haksar The Art of Love by Ovid, trans. Tom Payne (independent.co.uk)
- Don’t be Tempted by the Kama Sutra Backdoor Trojan (techie-buzz.com)