Matsya is a fish who saves the first man, Manu, from a flood by acting as a vehicle upon which Manu rides to safety.
Scholars have pointed out the obvious parallel to Noah.
And the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh also contains a flood story similar but not identical to the Biblical account.
- Mysteries Myths (socyberty.com)
- Original Sinners: A New Interpretation of Genesis by John R. Coats (collectedmiscellany.com)
- The New Word for The Great Flood (socyberty.com)
- Cripples & Cockroaches… In A Wicked Age from You Got The Dice To Back That Up? (plainvanilla.typepad.com)
- Letters: Noah should have left two mosquitoes behind (knoxnews.com)
- “God: Noah, all the people of earth are sinners. You alone are righteous. Noah: Thanks God. Long time…” (contrararian.tumblr.com)
- Who wins the Bible’s Quiverfull prize? (dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com)
Add more, report errors or voice your opinion by posting a comment