Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) was an American who claimed to be trance prophet, psychic and healer. He also believed in reincarnation. Cayce claimed, among other things, to have lived in the fabled Atlantis, ancient Egypt, Persia and Troy.
He believed he was able to absorb information from books just by holding them near his stomach.
Cayce gained quite a following. He rubbed shoulders with the elite of the psychic world and had prominent clients like Woodrow Wilson, Thomas Edison, Irving Berlin, and George Gershwin. A workaholic, his own readings warned him that if he did more than two readings per day he would deteriorate. He responded by doing four to six readings per day and eventually collapsed in 1944. His alleged healing techniques involved restoring patients’ equilibrium through natural methods.
Several organizations devoted to his work and ideas continue to this day, although some critics see him as eccentric and possibly fraudulent.
- Who was Edgar Cayce? – A book review of The Sleeping Prophet by Jess Stearn (apolloandartemis.wordpress.com)
- Edgar Cayce the Sleeping Prophet (mysticfare.typepad.com)
- Edgar Cayce: The Man Who Predicted The Rise of Christianity in China (onetenthblog.wordpress.com)
- Top Prophecies and Predictions (mysteryworlds.wordpress.com)
- Edgar Cayce: The Earth is catching up with Time (bchq33.wordpress.com)
- Edgar Cayce – ‘Russia – The Hope Of The World’ By Jeff Rense 7-14-8 (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- rapheal reyes liked Ariessun’s group Science and Physics (12160.info)
- Change, Changes, and Earth Changes ~ Kevin J. Todeschi (ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com)