The Matrix is a 1999 science fiction film written by Andy and Larry Wachowski, starring Keanu Reeves as Neo.
The Matrix is part of a trilogy. The first film gained the attention of pop culture theorists through its depiction of the world as a deceptive computer program (called ‘the matrix’ by those in the know) designed to enslave human beings.
The majority of humanity exists in a state of comatose slavery, plugged into a master computer which, through cyber connectivity, creates the illusion of everyday life. Essentially, people are nothing more than dreaming ‘batteries’ for the matrix, living in a horrendous vault and living on a liquid that itself is the product of the dead.
Neo apparently is “The One” destined to free humanity from this mass cybernetic deception. His mentor Morpheus (and other awakened liberators) believes in his special status and liberates him. As it turns out, Morpheus is right. Neo really is the one.
However, Neo wouldn’t have made it if not for the love of Trinity (played by Carrie-Anne Moss), who at one point literally brings him back to life with a kiss.
Search Think Free » Hero, Soul Loss, Talbot (Michael), Virtual Reality
- SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE MATRIX – Viral Movie (kokasexton.com)
- The Matrix Trilogy Mash Up with Inception (screenhead.com)
- It Really Tied The Movies Together: Morpheus Explains The Matrix To The Big Lebowski (geekologie.com)
- Scott Pilgrim Enters The Matrix (cinemablend.com)
- The best of last night’s Matrix Reloaded Commentary Twack [The Matrix Reloaded] (io9.com)
- Magic music documentary from a Congolese social club (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- The Death Of Ted Theodore Logan And Cowboy Bebop (theotakuologist.com)
- Inception Enters The Matrix (cinemablend.com)
- The Matrix and consciousness (sciencehouse.wordpress.com)
- 40 Days of Screenplays, Day 9: “The Matrix” (gointothestory.com)
Add more, report errors or voice your opinion by posting a comment